Tuesday 3 June 2014

True Blood - May What's In-die Box

Hello on this blustery Winter day!  I'm beginning to think this might work - I even managed to upload some pics!  So maybe I'm not such a techno-noob as I thought.

Aah well - here goes my first real blog post!

I jumped in and ordered the May What's In-die Box at the last moment ... Even on a no buy I had to have the True Blood themed box.  May's box did not disappoint! 5 beauties from Peita's Polish, Deadset Babes, Lilypad Lacquer, Glam Polish and Femme Fatale Cosmetics.

First up, All Flavour No Bite! by Peita's Polish. A gorgeous red with depth and a superb shine. Just perfect, and my favourite from the collection. Shown here with 2 very easy coats (3 strokes per nail!) and Peita Polish Quick Gloss Me Up top coat.  No words can describe, and no pic do this sparkly red gem justice! <3





Next up, Eric In Chains by Deadset Babes (mmmm - Eric <3) 
This one's a gorgeous silver holo. I couldn't take All Flavour No Bite! off - even after 3 days, so I chose to add an Eric in Chains feature nail with stylised chains using Nail Vinyls' chevrons. Luckily there was a bit of sun the day I took these pics to show off both beauties.


Aah - I Love The Smell Of Nail Polish In The Morning by Lilypad Lacquer. I'm going to have to watch True Blood again - I must have missed that scene! Maybe it was before my nail polish fetish kicked in, so I didn't notice.  This one is almost a metallic blue, loaded with microglitter (some of which look holo) and flakies.  There's so much going on in this bottle and on my nails! But it all seems to work together.  These pics are 3 coats with top coat.

Next up, Ciao Bi$%#es by Glam Polish - inspired by the flamboyant Lafayette. An almost charcoal/purple blackened jelly absolutely stacked with a rainbow of glitter! (which you can see in the bottle shot top right). These pics are 3 coats topped with Peita Polish Glitter Glaze top coat. And, with all that glitter goodness, I could probably have done a second top coat because this one is a bit thirsty.

Finally, Sookie by Femme Fatale Cosmetics.  I was a bit nervous about how Sookie would go with my skin tone so just tried a single feature nail with Ciao Bi$%@es! Sookie is gorgeous - fairy-wing translucent with a delicate pink and gold shimmer and gold flakies. Shown here 3 coats with Peita Polish Glitter Glaze top coat.

And here they all are together!
All of these are fabulous - great application, dry time and finish. I really like all of them, but All Flavour No Bite is my pick of the bunch! Just stunning <3

What's In-die Box is an Aussie Indie collaboration that is released monthly and hosted on and sold through Peita's Polish shop. All polishes are limited to the box so you never have to worry about doubling up with anything in your stash when you buy a collection.

Pre-orders for the June What's In-die Box have closed and the lucky buyers will probably start getting them during the next week.  June is the first anniversary box and the theme is holo!

@whatsindiebox on IG will start posting hints for the July box soon, so keep an eye out.  At AUD$50 it's a fun way to get your hands on 5 limited polishes by 5 fabulous Aussie Indies!

I hope you enjoyed my very first blog post x

No comments:

Post a Comment